Comprehensive Textbook Of Medical Physiology Vol 1 1st Edition Author GK Pal
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
Learning Objectives: Given in the beginning of each chapter to
provide the gross content of the topic that have been further divided into
‘Must Know’ category which a student should at least acquire and ‘May Know’
category which a student is desirable to acquire.
• Scientist Contribution: The important
contributions of the great scientists in the concerned fields have been
categorized as Scientist(s) Contributed. This will not only give the
information of the development of medicine, but will also inspire the students
to take up research in physiology and medicine
• Application Boxes: Applied aspects of the
topics are highlighted in Application Boxes.
• Clinical Boxes: Patient and disease related
concepts are highlighted in Clinical Boxes.
• Important Note(s): Some important and useful
facts are emphasized as Important Note(s).
• Presentation: All the important and complex
information are structured and presented in a point-wise format to make easy
grasp of the topics and to counter all the relevant points.
• Flowcharts: All the major concepts are
simplified and summarized in the flowcharts.
• Schematic Diagrams and Graphs: All the
relevant and significant mechanisms and their theories are described with the
help of schematic diagrams and graphs.
• Structured Tabular Format: Student-needed
important data have been presented in a structured tabular format.
• Histological Pictures: All the mechanisms that
require structural knowledge of a tissue or organ to comprehend the concept
have been identified with appropriate histological pictures.
• Chapter Summary: All the important topics end
with a Chapter Summary that has two parts. The first part, Key Concepts depicts
the central theme of the topic, on the other hand the second part, Must Read/Know
depicts all the probable long as well as short questions for the theory
examination and viva voce. The students will definitely find it very
• A comprehensive textbook that has incorporated
all the requirements of a medical student imparting the knowledge and skill in
the subject, acquiring ingredient needed to write the examination and kindling
his or her aspiration to progress in the profession.